ALL OUR LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO
(Usage Terms, Policies, Ownership…)
Thanks for being part of NetworkBE! We thought you might want to know how things work when it comes to all the wonderful stuff we receive from you, what we can and can’t do…and yes, what you can and can’t do. So, this page covers the legal, policies, usage terms for the content we have on the site. We’ve tried to be straightforward but if you’re a little confused…we don’t blame you. So, if you have questions please feel free to reach out.
Here’s What you need to agree to if you want to post on networkbe:
In short, it’s a lot. But, just to be clear – unless otherwise explicitly specified, all materials that are included in or are otherwise a part of the Sites (including past, present and future versions of the Site), including, without limitation: graphics; layout; text; instructions; images; audio; videos; designs; ringtones; wallpapers; games; contests; voting; technology; applications; widgets; artwork; information; data; designs; compilations; advertising copy; logos; domain names; NetworkBE logos, trademarks and services marks, and any other NetworkBE product and service names that are trade identities of NetworkBE; any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); the “look and feel” of the Sites; the compilation, assembly and arrangement of the Sites; and all other materials related to the Sites (collectively, the “Materials”) are owned, controlled or licensed by NetworkBE and are protected from unauthorized use, copying and dissemination by copyright, trademark, patent and other laws, rules, regulations and international treaties. Phew, that’s a lot we know.
There may be terms expressed to you specifically or otherwise expressly granted to you in writing by NetworkBE. All rights to use any Materials not expressly granted to you under these Terms are hereby reserved for NeworkBE. The Materials may not be copied, reproduced, downloaded or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, without the prior written authorization of NetworkBE.
(a) The Company will consider anything you provide to us and/or contribute to this website as available for our use free of any obligations to you, except where we have expressly solicited Invited Submissions and have agreed to a set of terms relating specifically to those projects.
(b) By posting or uploading any content to this website and/or providing any communication or material to the Company (“User Content”), you automatically and irrevocably:
(i) grant and assign to the Company any and all rights in the User Content throughout the world including, without limitation, all copyright, together with all consents (if any) necessary to enable its assignment, sublicensing, reproduction, distribution, modification, publishing and/or other exploitation by the Company and/or by any person authorized by the Company, by any means and in all media now known or hereafter devised, in whole or in part, without payment or other reference to you or any other person, and to advertise and promote such exploitation, for the full period of all such rights (together with any extensions and renewals) and insofar as possible in perpetuity;
(ii) waive all moral rights in the User Content which may be available to you in any part of the world and confirm that no such rights have been asserted;
(iii) appoint the Company as your agent with full power to enter into any document and/or do any act the Company may consider appropriate to confirm the grant and assignment, consent and waiver set out above;
(iv) warrant that you are the owner of the User Content and entitled to enter into this Agreement;
(v) confirm that no such User Content will be subject to any obligation, of confidence or otherwise, to you or any other person and that the Company shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such User Content.
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET TO DO ON OUR SITE:
You may visit our Sites without further permission from NetworkBE and NetworkBE grants you a limited, personal, nonexclusive, noncommercial, revocable and nontransferable license to use, download, view and play the Materials. This license is subject to your full compliance with these Terms. When you download or use Materials, you agree to and you must: (a) keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices; (b) make no modifications to the Materials; and (c) not allow or assist any third party (whether or not for your benefit) to copy or adapt any object code associated with the Sites or reverse engineer, modify or attempt to discover any code associated with the Sites. You also agree that you will not, including by use any robot, scraper, or other data mining technology or process, frame, mask, extract data from, copy or distribute the Materials (except as may be a result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage or as expressly authorized by NetworkBE).
Except as expressly set forth elsewhere in these Terms, nothing in these Terms will be interpreted to grant you, any right or license to enter into sublicenses or redistribution agreements with respect to any portion of the Materials or to otherwise rent, sell, lease, loan, transfer, assign, broadcast, upload to any computer or wireless device, sublicense, distribute or allow access to the Materials. You agree that you will not charge any person or entity to view, listen, play or otherwise access any Materials, or disseminate any Materials in any manner to the public (for free or for a fee).
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN’T DO ON OUR SITE:
You may not use the Sites for any purpose or in any manner that infringes the rights of any third party. NetworkBE encourages you to report any content on the Sites that you believe infringes your rights. Only the intellectual property rights owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner can report potentially infringing content. If you have a good faith belief that content on NetworkBE infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, please let us know. Here’s some examples of things we won’t tolerate:
- Do not post material that isn’t yours: All User Content must be original with you, not copied from someone else’s work, and you must have all rights in the User Content; OR, all persons who contributed in any way or have any rights to your User Content or otherwise appear in the User Content have given you permission to upload and distribute the User Content on the Site and elsewhere.
- No pictures or images of anyone but you and your friends and family: If you choose to upload photos to the Site, link to embedded videos, or include other images of real people, make sure they are of you or of you and someone you know but only with their express permission to post it.
- Please follow codes of social decency: Be respectful of others’ opinions and comments so we can continue to build a community for everyone to enjoy. Harassing, stalking and personal attacks are prohibited. Your User Content may not threaten, abuse or harm others. Your User Content may not include any negative comments that are connected to race, national origin, sexual preference or physical handicap or that are defamatory, slanderous or pornographic.
- Do not use the Sites for commercial purposes:Your User Content may not advertise or promote a product or service except those provided on the Sites. You may not use your User Content to raise money for anyone or for a pyramid or other multitiered marketing scheme.
- Do not upload User Content that is illegal.Your User Content may not promote any illegal activity. If someone could go to jail for taking action suggested by your User Content, don’t upload or post it. If you do upload or post User Content that is illegal or in violation of applicable law, we reserve the right to take action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion, including reporting you to the proper governmental authorities.
- No violence. Your User Content may not promote violence or describe how to perform a violent act.
- Be honest and do not misrepresent yourself or your User Content.Do not impersonate any other person, user or company or upload or post User Content that you know is false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, misleading or that misrepresents your identity or affiliation with a person or company.
- Public forum.We hope that you will use the Community Forums to exchange information and content and have discussions with other members. However, please remember that the Community is a public forum and User Content that you post on the Community Forum will be accessible and viewable by other users. Do not post personal information (e.g., full name, password, phone number, address, email address or other personally identifiable information or contact information).
- Don’t share other people’s personal information. Your User Content may not reveal another person’s address, phone number, email address, credit card number or any information that may be used to track, contact, or impersonate that individual or that is extremely personal in nature.
- Don’t damage the Sites or anyone’s computers. User Content may not contain viruses, Trojan horses, spyware or any other technologies that could impact the operation of the Sites or any computer system.
- Don’t share confidential information or trade secrets. User Content may not containany content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) You must not and agree not to (a) interfere with or disrupt a Site or any Vice or Site servers or networks; or (b) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
HERE’S WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO BREAK THE RULES…
NetworkBE reserves the right to terminate your access to and use of any Site in its sole discretion, without notice and liability, including, without limitation, if NetworkBE believes your conduct fails to conform with these Terms. NetworkBEalso reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of these Terms. Any violation of these Terms may be referred to law enforcement authorities.
HERE’S WHY IT’S NOT OUR FAULT. OTHERWISE KNOW AS, INDEMNIFICATION…
You agree to indemnify NetworkBE harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, investigations, liabilities, judgments, settlements and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, that directly or indirectly arise from or are otherwise directly or indirectly related to: (a) your User Content; (b) your use of any Site or activities in connection with any Site; (c) your breach or anticipatory breach of these Terms; (d) your violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances or orders of any governmental and quasigovernmental authorities, including, without limitation, all regulatory, administrative and legislative authorities; (e) information or material transmitted through your computer or other device used to access a Site, even if not submitted by you, that infringes, violates or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, publicity, privacy or other right of any person or defames any person; (f) any misrepresentation made by you; or (g) NetworkBE’s use of your information. You will cooperate as required by NetworkBE in the defense of any claim. NetworkBE reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you will not in any event settle any claim without the prior written consent of a duly authorized employee of NetworkBE.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN COLLECT FROM YOU:
We collect information in a few different ways:
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This includes (but isn’t limited to) your name, profile photo, comments, email address and phone number you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using a mobile device to access NetworkBE you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to NetworkBE, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts).
- We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use NetworkBE, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address (known to most of us as your IP), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using to access and contribute to NetworkBE, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
We may get information about you and your activity off NetworkBE from advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example:
- Online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
HERE’S HOW WE CAN USE THE INFORMATION:
We want the information we collect to help you and to make your life easier. For example, the info will help us customize your content, including:
- Suggesting places or boards on NetworkBE that you might like.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates.
- Help your friends and contacts find you on NetworkBE/
- Respond to your questions or comments.
HERE’S THE CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT SHARING THE INFORMATION:
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a NetworkBE account, many of the choices are built directly into your account settings. That means you have a lot of control over how your information is used. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your NetworkBE account using your email address.
- Link or unlink your NetworkBE account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on NetworkBE to that service.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your activity from NetworkBE. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
HERE’S HOW AND WHEN WE SHARE INFORMATION:
Anyone can see the public boards and videos you create, and the profile information you give us. We may also make this public information available through what are called “APIs” (basically a technical way to share information quickly). For example, a partner might use a NetworkBE API to study what their most popular contributions are or how their posts and videos are being shared on NetworkBE. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your NetworkBE account to those services or publish your activity on NetworkBE to them. For example, you can choose to publish your Videos and posts to Facebook or Twitter.
- When you buy something on NetworkBE using your credit card, we share your credit card information, contact information, and other information about the transaction with the merchant you’re buying from. The merchants treat this information just as if you had made a purchase from their website directly, which means their privacy policies and marketing policies apply to the information we share with them.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on NetworkBE how many people saved something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on a Pin after viewing it.
HERE’S OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN’S INFORMATION:
NetworkBE is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WHEN WE DECIDE TO CHANGE ANY OF THE STUFF WE JUST TALKED ABOUT:
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use NetworkBE after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.